Image Map
Would you be so kind as to "like" my facebook page?

Please excuse the lack of photos in some of my older posts as I am trying to slowly go back through and add the photos that were accidentally deleted

May 18, 2012

Sweet Grape Salad {Eating the Alphabet Series}

Last month I didn't participate in the Eating the Alphabet challenge but I'm back, baby. 














Ok, ok so I'm a little late posting. But thank goodness they leave those linkies open for a few days for slackers like myself  :)

For this challenge, we have to make a recipe using a fruit or vegetable (or grains or beans) that starts with a specific letter. This month we had the letters G or H. I decided on g for GRAPE!

I decided to go with this grape salad that I saw on Cassie's blog, and she got it from here, where I was able to scale down the measurements and figure out a good amount for us, not for a potluck or party.

























Sweet Grape Salad
slightly adapted from Cassie Craves, originally from food.com
  • 1/2 lb red seedless grapes
  • 2 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 2 oz sour cream
  • 1/8 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp pecan pieces
Mix first 5 ingredients together. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecan pieces. Refrigerate overnight. Toss and serve cold.

Printable Recipe



 
















I love simple and easy. And it helps that this was a tasty treat. 

I like to think that it is a bit healthy because of the grapes. But I'm pretty sure the 2 creams, 2 sugars, and nuts are killing that idea.

Oh well, I'll take this over healthy any day!


Do you guys wanna join in on the fun? Contact Brenda for details or fill out the form to sign up!

And check out the other G and H recipes in the blog hop below:



Peace, and bacon grease!


6 comments:

Veronica Miller said...

Yay for grape salad! I don't htink I've ever had it but I know I'd love the combo of sweet grapes with tangy cream cheese and sour cream. YUM!

Chris said...

If it has grapes, it counts as fruits/veggies in my book, I don't care if it has 5 gallons of ice cream on top!

Lora Fleming said...

Don't lump the nuts into the not healthy category! They're very good for you! There, you salad just got even healthier ... you're welcome :D

Lora Fleming said...

*your ... ARGH! Typos!!

Unknown said...

Borrow money here today at 3% interest rate. Sawda Capital Finance offers all kinds of financial services of all sizes ranging from individuals, companies, and traders globally./Our services are 100% guaranteed and risk-free.

We build just the right financing for each client, with simple paperwork, quick approvals, and flexible payment schedules. For further details, Kindly contact us via email At sawda.finance@gmail.com

Intermediaries/Consultants/Brokers are welcome to bring their clients and are 100% protected. In complete confidence, we will work together for the benefits of all parties involved, Looking forward to rendering the best of our services to all esteemed clientele globally.

Jason Lesmana said...

Link alternatif PalemQQ :

PalemQQ
Daftar PalemQQ